Skip to main content

Einkorn Flour Chocolate Chip Wolfberry Oatmeal Cookies

I made some delicious einkorn flour cookies for a holiday cookie exchange party that I had to share with you!

Why Einkorn?


Einkorn grain has grown alongside human civilization since ancient times. Untouched by hybridization, einkorn contains only 14 chromosomes—a huge difference from the 42 chromosomes contained in modern hybridized wheat. This superior ancient grain also contains less gluten than modern whole wheat and is more abundant in many vitamins and minerals. Many people with gluten sensitivities don't have the same symptoms when they switch to Einkorn flour products.

Ingredients



Instructions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 2 silicone baking mats onto baking sheets.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon. In a separate larger bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, egg, applesauce, and Orange essential oil with an electric hand mixer. Add in the dry ingredient mix from the other bowl and mix until combined. Don't over mix. By hand, stir in the rolled oats. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips, wolfberries and raisins.

Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the silicone mat. Slightly flatten the dough. The cookie dough will not be able to roll with your hands. Place 12 slightly flatten dough balls onto each cookie sheet.

Bake for 10-11 minutes until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Some modifications have been made to the original recipe found at eohealthyliving.blogspot.com.

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Oil Frequently Asked Questions

These are some questions I get asked often about essential oils so I though I'd compile them all into one convenient spot. What questions should I ask my essential oil company? Are distillers on-site? Do you own your own farms? Do you send oils to third party laboratories for testing? Was your land previously treated with pesticides or herbicides? Do you know how long plant material sits before it goes to the distiller? What happens to batches that test as an inferior grade? Do you sell them? Do your suppliers ever use solvents in order to extract more oil from the plants? Is anything ever taken away from or added to the oil as it is bottled from the distillery? Do you own GC-MS machines to ensure proper constituents are present and balanced? If you purchase oils from other farms, do you visit those farms to ensure no chemicals are used? Is there a laboratory present on every farm to be sure plants are harvested at the precise perfect moment? Do ...

Self Care

How Do You Practice Self-Care? My beautiful cousin Haley blogs over at haleymorganbossart.com and her latest post reminded me about a blog I want to do about self care! I currently work full time outside the home, as well as run my online business. I have two children and a spouse, and as you can imagine, finding "me" time is difficult to come by easily. We simply must make ourselves the priority, ladies (along with our faith, that is)! Stop saying "Oh, I need a massage. I'll schedule that 'sometime'!" You know the old saying: "Ain't momma happy, ain't nobody happy!" ;) As part of my self-care regimen, I recently started pre-scheduling regular chiropractic and half-hour massage visits. I go to my massage first with my favorite therapeutic massage oils in hand (she is wonderful about allowing me to bring whatever oils I need for my massage or my eyebrow waxing, too), and then head to my favorite chiropractor ! This works out amazingly...

InstantPot Easy Hamburger Soup

I work full time outside the home and I am always looking for quick and easy recipes, especially with my InstantPot! My friend at Cool Breeze Farm , where we buy our grass fed beef and pork, shared this recipe and I just had to try it, too! I had some with lunch and it is YUMmy! Enjoy!! I don't subscribe to any special "diets" but this is Paleo and Whole30 approved, if anyone needs to know. :) On our day "off" together I got my kids, 8 and 11, involved. They are not "helpless" in the kitchen although they are not eager beavers, either. After I gave them some simple directions they were willing to help out with the chopping! I made sure they had sharp knives and tasks that matched their abilities. (Eight-year-old chopped the celery.) We were finished so quickly doing it together! Ingredients 2 teaspoons avocado oil 1 lb grass fed ground beef or venison 1 small onion, chopped 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced 2 large celery stalks, sliced...