Skip to main content

Zucchini Breakfast Cookies

Zucchini-Einkorn Wheat Breakfast Cookies


These cookies are so delicious and nutrition-packed that you can get by with having them for a quick breakfast bite!

Fun variation: Substitute 1-2 drops each Cinnamon and Nutmeg Vitality essential oils for the powder. Use the essential oils in the wet mixture instead of the dry. Experiment with recipes until you find the right number of drops for your taste!

Ingredients



  • 1 heaping cup zucchini, finely grated

  • ⅓ c. oil

  • 1 egg, beaten

  • ⅓ c. brown sugar

  • 1 tsp. vanilla

  • 1½ c. quick oats, divided

  • 1 cup Einkorn wheat flour

  • ½ tsp. baking powder

  • ¼ tsp. baking soda

  • ½ tsp. cinnamon

  • ¼ tsp. nutmeg

  • ½ tsp. salt

  • ½ c. semi sweet chocolate chips (can substitute 1/2 c. dried wolfberries)

  • ½ c. chopped walnuts, optional


Instructions



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

  2. If desired, blend one cup of oats and make oat flour.

  3. Mix together egg, oil and vanilla. Add brown sugar and mix again.

  4. Add blended and non blended quick oats, flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to a mixing bowl. Mix together.

  5. Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Mix together until combined.

  6. Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix.

  7. Add zucchini and gently mix together.

  8. Drop 1½ inch cookie balls on parchment lined baking sheet.

  9. Bake for 13-14 minutes.


Enjoy this deliciousness!

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Oil Frequently Asked Questions

These are some questions I get asked often about essential oils so I though I'd compile them all into one convenient spot. What questions should I ask my essential oil company? Are distillers on-site? Do you own your own farms? Do you send oils to third party laboratories for testing? Was your land previously treated with pesticides or herbicides? Do you know how long plant material sits before it goes to the distiller? What happens to batches that test as an inferior grade? Do you sell them? Do your suppliers ever use solvents in order to extract more oil from the plants? Is anything ever taken away from or added to the oil as it is bottled from the distillery? Do you own GC-MS machines to ensure proper constituents are present and balanced? If you purchase oils from other farms, do you visit those farms to ensure no chemicals are used? Is there a laboratory present on every farm to be sure plants are harvested at the precise perfect moment? Do ...

Self Care

How Do You Practice Self-Care? My beautiful cousin Haley blogs over at haleymorganbossart.com and her latest post reminded me about a blog I want to do about self care! I currently work full time outside the home, as well as run my online business. I have two children and a spouse, and as you can imagine, finding "me" time is difficult to come by easily. We simply must make ourselves the priority, ladies (along with our faith, that is)! Stop saying "Oh, I need a massage. I'll schedule that 'sometime'!" You know the old saying: "Ain't momma happy, ain't nobody happy!" ;) As part of my self-care regimen, I recently started pre-scheduling regular chiropractic and half-hour massage visits. I go to my massage first with my favorite therapeutic massage oils in hand (she is wonderful about allowing me to bring whatever oils I need for my massage or my eyebrow waxing, too), and then head to my favorite chiropractor ! This works out amazingly...

InstantPot Easy Hamburger Soup

I work full time outside the home and I am always looking for quick and easy recipes, especially with my InstantPot! My friend at Cool Breeze Farm , where we buy our grass fed beef and pork, shared this recipe and I just had to try it, too! I had some with lunch and it is YUMmy! Enjoy!! I don't subscribe to any special "diets" but this is Paleo and Whole30 approved, if anyone needs to know. :) On our day "off" together I got my kids, 8 and 11, involved. They are not "helpless" in the kitchen although they are not eager beavers, either. After I gave them some simple directions they were willing to help out with the chopping! I made sure they had sharp knives and tasks that matched their abilities. (Eight-year-old chopped the celery.) We were finished so quickly doing it together! Ingredients 2 teaspoons avocado oil 1 lb grass fed ground beef or venison 1 small onion, chopped 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced 2 large celery stalks, sliced...