Skip to main content

White Rock Falls Hike


White Rock Falls Hike


Part of being the CEO of your home, ladies, is taking time off.

A couple of weeks ago I was off work with my kiddos and we went to discover a new-to-us waterfall!

I'll type out some "quick and dirty" directions below, but feel free to check out this trail site for details about the full trail. We did the "out and back" and it wasn't nearly as long as I had mentally prepared myself for! One way is only about 1.5 miles.

The kids (6 and 8) did great. I wouldn't recommend a child younger than 5 on foot go, probably, and he needs to be "go-getter," if you know what I mean? There are some steep, rocky parts. I expect my kids to "get 'er done" without a lot of "Do I have to do this?" =D so I heard a little complaining in the beginning as we are out of our "outdoors" routine, but after the first little while they really loved it!

My daughter is 6 and she lead the way! She was so proud that she discovered the waterfall!

Pack a lunch or plenty of snacks and enjoy!

How to Find the Trail and Waterfall



  • Drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway

  • Park at Slacks Overlook, Mike Marker 20

  • Cross BRP on foot, turn left and walk just a little ways and find the trail entrance on your right

  • The trail is marked the whole way so keep listening for the water! When you think you won't find it, keep going, and you'll hear the water! It's a steep hill down to the wading pool.




[caption id="attachment_336" align="aligncenter" width="225"] The water is so clear![/caption]





[caption id="attachment_333" align="aligncenter" width="300"] They found fish![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_332" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Pointing at the waterfall[/caption]




[caption id="attachment_330" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Follow the yellow all the way down the trail![/caption]

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Oil Frequently Asked Questions

These are some questions I get asked often about essential oils so I though I'd compile them all into one convenient spot. What questions should I ask my essential oil company? Are distillers on-site? Do you own your own farms? Do you send oils to third party laboratories for testing? Was your land previously treated with pesticides or herbicides? Do you know how long plant material sits before it goes to the distiller? What happens to batches that test as an inferior grade? Do you sell them? Do your suppliers ever use solvents in order to extract more oil from the plants? Is anything ever taken away from or added to the oil as it is bottled from the distillery? Do you own GC-MS machines to ensure proper constituents are present and balanced? If you purchase oils from other farms, do you visit those farms to ensure no chemicals are used? Is there a laboratory present on every farm to be sure plants are harvested at the precise perfect moment? Do ...

Self Care

How Do You Practice Self-Care? My beautiful cousin Haley blogs over at haleymorganbossart.com and her latest post reminded me about a blog I want to do about self care! I currently work full time outside the home, as well as run my online business. I have two children and a spouse, and as you can imagine, finding "me" time is difficult to come by easily. We simply must make ourselves the priority, ladies (along with our faith, that is)! Stop saying "Oh, I need a massage. I'll schedule that 'sometime'!" You know the old saying: "Ain't momma happy, ain't nobody happy!" ;) As part of my self-care regimen, I recently started pre-scheduling regular chiropractic and half-hour massage visits. I go to my massage first with my favorite therapeutic massage oils in hand (she is wonderful about allowing me to bring whatever oils I need for my massage or my eyebrow waxing, too), and then head to my favorite chiropractor ! This works out amazingly...

InstantPot Easy Hamburger Soup

I work full time outside the home and I am always looking for quick and easy recipes, especially with my InstantPot! My friend at Cool Breeze Farm , where we buy our grass fed beef and pork, shared this recipe and I just had to try it, too! I had some with lunch and it is YUMmy! Enjoy!! I don't subscribe to any special "diets" but this is Paleo and Whole30 approved, if anyone needs to know. :) On our day "off" together I got my kids, 8 and 11, involved. They are not "helpless" in the kitchen although they are not eager beavers, either. After I gave them some simple directions they were willing to help out with the chopping! I made sure they had sharp knives and tasks that matched their abilities. (Eight-year-old chopped the celery.) We were finished so quickly doing it together! Ingredients 2 teaspoons avocado oil 1 lb grass fed ground beef or venison 1 small onion, chopped 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced 2 large celery stalks, sliced...